- The article examines the concept of «happiness» in the Ukrainian phraseology. Happiness is the most universal category in the hierarchy of values, one of the main valued priorities of human life. Concept «happiness» is multidimensionalHappiness is determined by both natural and public factors, both biological and social, both family and especially individua. Happiness is subjective, individual on a form experiencing, but objective on maintenance.
A word «happiness» has the same root, that word «part». «Happiness» is a kind fate (part) that fell out to the man. The basis is taken paroemìas Ukrainian language because they best reproduce mentality, outlook and essence of the Ukrainian people. In texts of paremiae ideas about «happiness» are personalized and envisaged as an universal model «happiness-man».
Found that in people’s minds the concept of «happiness» is often revealed by using the lexical paradigms of «happiness-unhappiness». The factors of «happiness» as positive side of vital functions of man always have the opposition – factors of barrier: in ahealth – illnesses, in youth is old age, at welfare are poverties, in freedoms – dependence and others like that. In phraseology units a word «fate» strengthens the value of noun of «happiness» as though, comes forward as an original synonym to him , however a difference is between these concepts, and that is why «happiness» – the positive aspect of «fate» only.
In folk consciousness a concept of «happiness» is a multicomponent and multidimensional concept that consists of such elements: physical, moral, material and spiritual, irrational and rational. As a result, the study revealed an associative field, the concept of «happiness», which consists of the following concepts: fortune (luck), health, labor, mind, money (but not wealth), conscience, hope, harmony.
- associative field, paroemìas, happiness, folk consciousness
- 1. Solovets L. O. 2011, The expression of ethnic peculiarities of Ukrainian culture in phraseology, Ukrainska mova y literatura v serednikh shkolakh, himnaziiakh, litseiakh ta kolehiumakh, no 6., р. 52–62.
2. Kulishenko L.A. 2014, Study of phraseology as source of national education of students of economic high schools, Svitohliad – filosofiia – relihiia, V. 5., p. 162–171.
3. Babiy L. 2009, What is happiness?, Psykholoh, no 11-12., p. 46–48.
4. Lozovyi V.O. (ed), 2002, Ethics: navch. posibnyk , Kyiv, Yurinkom Inter, 224 p.
5. Smorzh L.O. 2004, Philosophy: navch. posibnyk, Kyiv, Kondor, 416 p.
6. Bilodid I.K. (ed), 1980, Dictionary of Ukrainian Language: v 11 t. – Tom 11, Kyiv, Naukova dumka, 699 p.
7. Kotsiuba Z.H. 2012, Conceptualization of happiness in common consciousness of slaves, germans, and romans (based on paroemias), Visnyk Zaporizkoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Filolohichni nauky, no 1, p. 264–268.
8. Chabanenko V.A. 1984, Theoretical principles of research of expressive facilities of Ukrainian language, Movoznavstvo, no 2, p. 11–18.
9. Bilonozhenko V.M. Happiness-fate [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rеzhim dоstupu: http://kulturamovy.univ.kiev.ua/KM/pdfs/Magazine12-12.pdf. – Accessed: 25.07.2018.
10.A proverb and saying are abouthappiness [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rеzhim dоstupu: http://vidpoviday.com/prislivya-ta-prikazki-pro-shhastya. – Accessed: 20.07.2018.
- Download full version