- The article is devoted to detailed consideration of the grammatical aspects of translation from
English into Ukrainian. It considers the problem of the definition of translation in the light of domestic
and foreign studies, types of translation and their functional load. The article focuses on the concept of
translation transformation, distinguishes the classification of translation transformations and the
reasons for their use; it determinates the specificity of the use of translation transformations as aspects
of translation on word-formation, morphological and syntactic speech levels. The translation of
grammatical categories of the Ukrainian language implies the knowledge of linguistic characteristics
of the English language and includes a translation of the predicate, infinitive, gerund and gerundial
constructions, participles and participial constructions, absolute constructions, modal verbs, emphatic
structures, elliptical structures, articles, asyndetical constructions, sentences with negative
constructions, and the translation of the headers.
- grammatical aspects of translation, translation transformations, grammatical
- Ahern, C. P. S. (2004). I love you. Harper Collins Publishers.
- Ahern, S. P. (2008). I love you (V. Lavronenko, Trans.). Moscow, Russia: Inostranka.
- Barhudarov, L. S. (1975). Language and translation (Questions of general and private theory of translation). – Moscow, Russia: Mezhdunarodnyye otnosheniya,– 240 p.
- Gardy, T. (2006). Return to Homeland (O. Kholmskoy, Trans.) (Vols. 1‑8; vol. 4). Moscow, Russia: TERRA.
- Hardy, T. (1995). The return of the native. Wordsworth Editions Limited.
- Komissarov, V. N. (2000). Modern translation studies. – Moscow: ETS,– 192 p.
- Korunets, V. (2008). Introduction to translation studies. Vinnitsa, Ukraine: Nova Knyha.
- Latyshev, L. K. (2005). Transfer technology. Moscow, Russia: Academyya.
- Litvin, M. (2013). Translation studies. Cherkasy, Ukraine: Yu. A. Chabanenko Publishing House.
- Minyar-Belarchev, R. K. (1980). General theory of translation and interpretation. Moscow, Russia: Voyenizdat,– 238p.
- Rebry, O. V. (2012). Contemporary concepts of creativity in translation. Kharkiv, Ukraine: Kharkiv National University V. N. Karazin.
- Retsker, Ya. (2007). Theory of translation and translation practice: Essays on the linguistic theory of translation. Moscow, Russia: “R. Valent”.
- Salinger, J. (2002). The catcher in the rye (R. Wright-Kovaleva, Trans.). Moscow, Russia: Azbuka-klassika.
- Salinger, J. D. (2004). The catcher in the rye. Moscow, Russia: Jupiter-Inter.
- Shaw, B. (1956). Augustus does his bit. Y.
- Show, B. Augustus does his bit. Retrieved from http://www.rulit.me/books/ogastes-vypolnyaet-svoj-dolg-read-112571-3.html – 266 p.
- Shweetser, A. D. (1988). The theory of translation. Moscow, Russia: Nauka.
- The Daily Telegraph (Jun 18, 2014, Jul 12, 2014, Nov 10, 2014, Apr 4, 2015, Apr 2, 2015, Feb. 11, 2015). Retrieved Jan. 10, 2018, from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
- Vinogradov, V. S. (2001). Introduction to translation studies (General and lexical issues). Moscow, Russia: Publishing house of the Institute of General Secondary Education of RAO.
- Zaritsky, M. S. (2004). Translation: creation and editing: manual. Kyiv, Ukraine: Parliamentary Publishing House.
- Download full version