- The article is devoted to the study of the specifics of the novel thinking as a literary category. Based on the
analysis of the existing theoretical and literary thought on the outlined problem, the definition of the novel thinking
is formulated, its main features are selected, and main differences from other types of artistic thinking as well as the
relationship with the genre of the novel as the most vivid representative of the romance consciousness are clarified.
The author has come to the conclusion that romance thinking and the genre of the novel are genetically and
typologically close concepts , interconnected, but not identical. The novel is a constant content-formal category, but
romance thinking is dynamic, cognitive, and psychic one. Only the novel model of artistic consciousness is able to
reveal the image throughout the breadth of the objective world and throughout the depth of penetration into the
subjective world, that is, to portray a person as a subject and an object at the same time.
Novel thinking is also analysed in the aspect of creative activity of the artist and is treated as a system
of artistic techniques of the novelist.
- novel, novel thinking, type of artistic thinking, artistic consciousness, genre.
- Bakhtin, M. М. (1970). EHpos i roman (o metodologii issledovaniya romana) [Epos and the novel (about the methodology of researching of the novel)].Voprosy literatury, 1, 95‑122.
- Bovsunivska, T. V. (2009). Teoriia literaturnykh zhanriv: Zhanrova paradyhma suchasnoho zarubizhnoho romanu [Theory of the literary genres: Genre paradigm of modern foreign novel]. Kyiv, Ukraine: Vydavnycho-polihrafichnyi tsentr «Kyivskyi universytet».
- Vaskiv, M. S. (2009). Romanni formy v ukrainskii literaturi 1920-1930-kh rokiv [Forms of the novels in the Ukrainian literature of the 1920-1930s]. Kamyanets-Podilsky, Ukraine: PP Buynytsky O. A.
- Dzyuba, I. M. (2006). Ukrainska povist sohodni [Ukrainian novel today ]. In I. M. Dziuba From the well of the years. Vols 1‑3; vol. 1, pp.122‑155. Kyiv, Ukraine: Vyd. dim «Kyievo-Mohylianska akademiia».
- Dnieprov, V. D. (1965). CHerty romana XX veka [Characteristics of the 20th Century novel]. Moscow; Leningrad: Sovetskii pisatel.
- Mann, T. (1961). Stat’i 1929‑1955 [Articles 1929‑1955] In T. Mann Iskustvo romana (Vols. 1‑10; vol. 10,
pp. 272‑287). Moscow, S.U.: Gos izdstelstvo Khudozhestvennaya literatura.
- Meletinsky, E. М. (1986). Vvedenie v istoricheskuyu poehtiku ehposa i romana [Introduction to the Historical Poetry of the Epic and the novels]. Moscow, S.U.: «Nauka».
- Mushchenko, E. G. (1986). Put’ k novomu romanu na rubezhe HІH – HKH vekov [The Way to a new novel at the turn of the XIX-XX centuries]. Voronezh, S.U.: Publishing of Voronezh. University.
- Orteha-i-Haset, Kh. (1994). Dumky pro roman [Opinions about the novel]. In Kh. Orteha-i-Haset Selected works (pp. 273‑305). Kyiv, Ukraine: Osnovy.
- Pospelov, G. N. (1972). Problemy istoricheskogo razvitiya literatury [The Problems of Historical Development of Literature]. Moscow, S.U.: Prosveshcheniye.
- Rymar, N. T. (1989). Vvedenie v teoriyu romana [Introduction to the theory of the novel]. Voronezh, S.U.: Publishing of Voronezh. University.
- Tomashevsky, B. V. (1996). Teoriya literatury Poehtika [Theory of Literature. Poetics]. Moscow, Russia: Aspect Press.
- Khalizev, V. E. (2002). Teoriya literatury [Theory of Literature]. Moscow, Russia: Vysshaya shkola.
- Download full version